18.7.24

Q: Of all your songs, from both Smiths and solo material, which song are you most proud of lyrically?

A: It's impossible to answer this because I'm proud of most of them. There are only a few that make me shudder – such as "Get Off The Stage," "Journalists Who Lie," "I Don't Owe You Anything".... But most of them, I think, somehow stand the test of time. Of course, some songs are better than others....

 

Bought on stolen wine A nod was the first step You knew very well What was coming next 
 
Did I really walk all this way Just to hear you say : "Oh, I don't want to go out tonight" ? "Oh, I don't want to go out tonight"
Oh, but you will For you must 
 
I don't owe you anything, no But you owe me something Repay me now 
 
You should never go to them Let them come to you Just like I do Just like I do 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment